Cycling faster is a common goal for many riders, whether you’re looking to set a new personal best on your favorite route or simply want to improve your overall speed and efficiency on the bike. If you’re ready to take your cycling to the next level, here are a few tips to help you pedal faster:
- Get a proper bike fit: Having a bike that fits your body well is essential for optimal power and efficiency. Make sure your saddle, handlebars, and pedals are all properly adjusted to your body size and cycling style.
- Improve your cycling technique: There are a few key techniques that can help you pedal faster, including using a higher cadence (the number of times you pedal per minute), keeping your upper body relaxed, and using your whole foot to push down on the pedals.
- Build up your cycling strength and endurance: The more fit and strong you are, the easier it will be for you to sustain a faster pace on the bike. Incorporate strength training and endurance rides into your training plan to improve your overall cycling fitness.
- Use the right gear: Choosing the right gear for the terrain and conditions can make a big difference in your speed and efficiency. For example, using a lower gear on steep climbs can help you maintain a higher cadence and avoid grinding to a halt.
- Practice drafting: If you’re riding in a group or with a partner, try drafting (riding behind another rider) to conserve energy and ride faster. Just be sure to follow proper drafting etiquette and take your turn at the front of the group.
I trust that by following my tips and putting in consistent training and practice, you’ll be well on your way to cycling faster and reaching your speed goals. Happy pedalling!